QA Engineer, Poole, Dorset
QA Engineer – Software
Salary dependent upon experience, plus 20 day’s Annual Leave, Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Child Care Scheme, Company Bonus Scheme
Tripleplay is looking to recruit a QA Engineer to join our Poole office and be part of our global team. We are a specialist software provider of IPTV, Video Streaming and digital signage software for the hospitality, sports, corporate and education market with a blue-chip client base across all sectors.
You will be responsible for building stable, tested and documented releases of our client’s system software. Reporting to the QA Manager, you will perform the full QA lifecycle enabling you to identify faults and raise bug reports. This will include devising and executing test plans and building test systems. You will maintain release note documentation and assist in reviewing vital user guidelines and product descriptions.
- Take responsibility for the overall testing strategy of the cloud-based product offering.
- Ensure that the overall quality meets the product manager’s and end users’ expectations.
- Work with the product manager and software developers to help draw up test plans for the end to end workflow.
- Implement and execute the test plans.
- Work with the development teams to help resolve issues.
- Work with the existing QA team to release software products.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. PHP and bash)
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration
- Experience with virtualization technologies, in particular VMWare
- Experience with the implementation and/or operations of medium to large-scale enterprise cloud infrastructures
- Experience of testing web-based applications on Windows and Mac OS X
- Good understanding of data security and privacy concerns
Additionally, you must have good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal in English. You must be self-confident with an ability to apply technical knowledge to perform all functions, analytical and problem solving.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org