Content Protection for Streaming Media
Why using HDCP 2.2 Pro is not the solution
Protecting content when streaming over a LAN or WAN is crucial for many content providers. This paper explores the use of HDCP 2.2 Pro as a technology to accomplish that and highlights the deficiencies of that approach.
Download White Paper
- HDCP 2.2 Pro is not a DRM system.
- HDCP 2.2 Pro cannot be used with many common client devices, including PCs, mobile and System on Chip (SoC) displays.
- HDCP 2.2 Pro restricts who can deploy systems using it.
- HDCP 2.2 Pro restricts where systems can be deployed.
- HDCP 2.2 Pro requires public Internet access.
- HDCP 2.2 pro is suitable for a very limited set of use cases.
- HDCP 2.2 pro will not be allowed by US broadcasters.